Monday, September 17, 2012

Fall Decoration


Who's ready for the fall!?  This girl is!  Fall is full of Pumpkin Spice lattes, Punkpin Ale, football, flannel, beautiful warm colors that fill the tree's, long walks with leaves crunching under my feet, and so much more!  I went on a little walk through the Tennessee hills and found some pine cones and a lovely, twisted stick that called to me and said, "Take me home with you!"  Here are a few pictures of my walk:

What do you need?



Instructions:

  1. Go on a walk :)  and pick up some pine cones and a nice, lovely stick! I decided to peel off the bark on the stick and then use some sandpaper to sand it down so it's nice and smooth.
  2. Lay your pine cones and stick out on some newspaper or I used an old towel. Give 'em around 2-3 layers of spray paint.  Let them dry to the touch between coats (It doesn't take long for spray paint to dry!)
  3. After the stick and pine cones have dried (I only waited about 30 minutes, because I'm a wee bit impatient!) get out your twine and tie the pines cones to your twine so it's like a garland. Then wrap it around the stick and wah lah! You've got yourself a fall decoration :)


I hung it above our couch :) but I think it would be cute just laying on a mantle!

I'm feeling like our wall is way too barren... I can't figure out what else we should hang on our walls! Any ideas for me?




No comments:

Post a Comment